Newtown: terrace Renovation
This renovation might win an award for ‘Most Spacious-Feeling Terrace’ in Sydney. Our customer’s renovation in Newtown succeeded in retaining the classic frontage of the home while modernising the original 2 bedroom/1 bathroom home to suit the needs of an active family.
From the street it looks like a single storey terrace and when you enter you are surprised to find a split-level home over 4 levels with 3 bedrooms, formal lounge/guest room, formal dining, open plan kitchen/family area with polished concrete floors and 2 bathrooms. The polished concrete floors are perfect for summer and the under floor heating keeps it warm during winter.
There are so many smart ideas in this home that add to its overall appeal including:
- a large rain water tank will save on council’s water use charges;
- laundry with in built into cupboards off the kitchen which multi-tasks valuable space;
- the second bathroom was built under the stairs to optimise the use of this space,
- artificial grass which saves on gardening time but still offers the children that all-important backyard; and
- a luxuriously deep Japanese-style bath in the main bathroom.
Click here to return to previous projects.
Does this sound like a home you’d like to move into? To discuss any of these feature for your home, or your ideas please Contact Us to discuss how we can bring it to life! Or fill out the quick enquiry form below and we will contact you.