REvesbY – New Home
Our customers wanted a home that their young children could grow up in alongside their own parents, but that minimised inter-generational stress. The design features family/living areas on one side and bedrooms on the other to allow for the privacy for the parents. The design also ensured that older family members could stay on the ground level, so stairs were minimised between key living areas.
Not only is it an elegant, modern home, but there are also some traditional features that give the home charm and personality:
- The living areas including the formal dining area and kitchen are covered in stunning spotted gum floorboards.
- The French provincial kitchen has a walk-in pantry, breakfast bench and crystal pendants over the marble bench tops. Stylish LED downlights in the cabinets mean you can still cut up the veggies without the glare of ‘whole-room’ ceiling lights. This also reduces electricity usage.
- The parents of this family can relax peacefully in the lowered formal lounge area while the kids are watching TV and playing in the family room. In the cooler months, the family can warm up by the Jetmaster fireplace.
- When it warms up, family and friends enjoy the alfresco barbeque area and pool.
- There is plenty of storage from the extensive wrap-around cupboards in the laundry, built-ins in all bedrooms and in the enormous attic.
- Our customers also built a two bedroom granny flat so they could share their home with THEIR parents while minimising the conflict that is inevitable between generations (for example: different ideas about noise, time management and social lives.)
A trusting work relationship between our customers and Classic Quarters made this project enjoyable for everyone. Building your ‘forever home’ should feel like this.
Click here to return to Previous Projects.
Would you like some of these features in your home or to discuss your ideas? Please Contact Us to discuss how we can bring it to life! Or fill out the quick enquiry form below and we will contact you.